Did your family have a go at sharing stories? If you did, we hope you had fun.
With Book Week so close – here is our #2 ideas sheet for something to share as a family.
#2 Share your favourite Aussie stories/books/poetry …
What is/was your favourite Aussie tale? Ask your child what their favourites are. Find them and read them together.
Here is the link to our Library catalogue – browse with your child and if we have the books they can borrow them. If there’s a story you love – tell us, and we’ll get it.
Or you could try the Yarra Plenty Library – if a book is not at your local branch you can place a Hold and they will transfer it.
To get you thinking … here are some of our favourites …
- Possum Magic by Mem Fox
- The Very Cranky Bear by Nicholas Bland (or ANY of this series!)
- The Man From Snowy River by A.B. Paterson
- The Loaded Dog by Henry Lawson
- A Bush Christmas by C.J. Dennis
- My Grandma Lived in Gooligulch by Graham Base
- Seven Little Australians by Ethel Turner
- The Silver Brumby by Elyne Mitchell
- The Complete Adventures of Blinky Bill by Dorothy Wall
- My Place by Nadia Wheatley
Keep watching this space for more family fun ideas.
Mrs H xo